Position Information Message
A vacancy exists for a Custodian position within the Office of Business Services for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The Custodian monitors the total care and maintenance of the facility.
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs
(Job ID: 589).
- Close and lock facility each evening and set alarm system. Respond to emergency calls if alarm system activates.
- Coordinate proper heating and cooling temperatures throughout the facility.
- Clean building (offices, meeting rooms, lavatories, library, reception area and closets) according to the task calendar. Cleaning will include: vacuuming; wet and dry mopping floors; dusting; scrubbing lavatories; and washing windows.
- Empty trash cans daily and place trash in appropriate container per recycling procedures.
- When necessary, strip and re-wax floors; shampoo rugs; scrub walls; wax furniture.
- Move furniture and equipment as needed. Assemble, repair and install instructional and non-instructional equipment.
- Set-up meeting rooms as requested. Set-up includes: arrangement of furniture; preparation of hospitality center; and coordination with IMS staff for requested technology and equipment. After meeting, return all furniture and supplies to storage so that meeting rooms are always neat and orderly.
- Ensure that outside premises and building entrances are clean and neat. Shovel snow and parking lot as needed. Paint indoors and outdoors as necessary.
- Complete minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs. Recommend major building repairs and alternatives within budgeted parameters. Complete repair work orders and submit to EISC Supervisor and Director.
- Requisition, inventory, distribute, and monitor the usage of supplies.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members and help them with tasks when deadlines require.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Director.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$32,686 - $38,454
|Posting Start Date:
- No post-secondary degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trade areas such as electricity, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics
- Computer literacy and experience in building maintenance desirable
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with people
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information
- Valid driver's license - will use own transportation to deliver mail to Post Office
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 12/3/2020