IT Desktop Engineer
If you want to be part of our “Downingtown Proud” team - please apply! Help us with our mission to educate all students to meet the rigorous challenges of a global society.
Desktop Engineer (Job ID 3954
Full-time with Benefits, Act 93, Group 4
The Desktop Engineer will provide Tier III level support in resolving the most difficult and complicated end-user device problems. This position will be responsible for quality assurance testing, application packaging, operating system patches and overall maintenance within District’s device management systems. This includes but is not limited to iOS, MacOS
and Windows OS management platforms and print environments.
IT Desktop Engineer
||Downingtown Area School District
||$52,000 - $65,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Highly qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology field. Job Description attached for your review.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in a technology or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of desktop support in an enterprise environment or similar experience.
- Certifications Required: CompTIA A+ and Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals or JAMF Certification.
- Preferred: Microsoft MCSA Windows 10 & Server 2016 and JAMF Certification
- Must have Certification in technology related fields for consideration, however, certification specific to the position as noted above will be required within 12 months after start of employment.
- Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings.
- Experience developing and implementing scripts to automate repetitive tasks. Running debug sequences and tests to ensure automated scripts are running correctly. Proficiency with scripting languages (PowerShell, VB and BASH scripting).
- Ability to work well as part of a team, sharing research, knowledge, and leading practices with team members.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to track multiple tasks and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively independently, in a multi-disciplinary IT or matrix team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN concepts and management tools (TCP/IP, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP and anti-virus).
- Employee must have experience dealing with external vendors.
- Knowledge of device management systems such as JAMF Casper, SCCM, WSUS. SQL Server and
- Software Distribution or Quality of Service (QOS) tools are a plus.
Downingtown Area School District website link:
Safety & Wellness
At Downingtown Area School District we value our employees. We seek to hire new staff who:
The following must be completed before an offer for employment is made:
- Communicate openly to build relationships and trust
- Partner with team members to see the TEAM succeed
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and seek ongoing opportunities for growth
- Embrace and support a safe and inclusive environment
- Eagerly and enthusiastically support student learning
- Strive to be kind and reflective
- Focus on the solution and put people first
- Lead by example!
PA Required Clearances (Click here)
Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form(s)
||This listing expires on: 11/29/2020