IT Senior Network Specialist
If you want to be part of our “Downingtown Proud” team - please apply! Help us with our mission to educate all students to meet the rigorous challenges of a global society.
Senior Network Specialist (Job ID 3953
Full-time with Benefits, Act 93, Group 4
The Senior Network Specialist is responsible for the installation, testing, and maintenance of all network infrastructure and services. This includes, but is not limited to, physical, virtual and cloud servers; file, print, email, voice, web, and database services; routers, switches, firewalls, spam, antivirus solutions, remote access, backup, and monitoring systems. Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in network administration. Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multitask and troubleshoot complicated problems a must. Position is a collaborative member of the district network team.
Downingtown Area School District website link:
Safety & Wellness
At Downingtown Area School District we value our employees. We seek to hire new staff who:
The following must be completed before an offer for employment is made:
- Communicate openly to build relationships and trust
- Partner with team members to see the TEAM succeed
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and seek ongoing opportunities for growth
- Embrace and support a safe and inclusive environment
- Eagerly and enthusiastically support student learning
- Strive to be kind and reflective
- Focus on the solution and put people first
- Lead by example!
PA Required Clearances (Click here
Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form(s)
IT Senior Network Specialist
||Downingtown Area School District
||$70,000 - $87,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Highly qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in network administration.
- Demonstrated strong hands-on experience with current server and client operating systems.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of networking concepts and management including TCP/IP, LDAP, SAML, IDM, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, VoIP, clustering services, switching, routing, storage technologies, firewalls, anti-spam and anti-virus.
- Team player who can effectively manage multiple priorities and successfully meet deadlines.
- Employee must have experience dealing with external vendors.
- Knowledge of current on premise and cloud technologies such as Microsoft and Linux operating systems, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL, VMware vSphere, SAN Storage, Cisco routing and switching technologies.
- Certifications required: Current Microsoft MCSE in Core Infrastructure or current Cisco CCNP or comparable preapproved certification must be obtained within 12 months after hire.
- ITIL Foundations or above or must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
||This listing expires on: 11/29/2020