To be considered for this role, please apply using this link: https://ats4.atenterprise.powerschool.com/ats/job_board_form?op=view&JOB_ID=4600209551&REPRESENTATIVE_COMPANY_ID=00002581&COMPANY_ID=00002581
Plans and coordinates procurement activities for the School District. Oversees a professional and paraprofessional staff involved in a variety of procurement activities including the Invitation to Bid (ITB), Request for Proposal (RFP), and the Request for Qualification (RFQ) processes. Monitors all aspects of the bid and solicitation process, ensuring that all actions have been completed in accordance with District policy and governmental regulations. Analyzes market trends and maintains up-to-date knowledge of pricing, product availability, and the capability of new and existing vendors to supply the product.
- Plans, directs and manages the work of the procurement staff engaged in the development of specifications for the ITB, as well as other documents related to the RFP and RFQ processes.
- Monitors daily activities and oversees the review of bids and responses; tracks the number of potential vendors who have accepted the ITB for supplies, furniture, equipment, textbooks and services; coordinates and works with other departments to resolve issues relevant to the requirements for the contract.
- Provides technical leadership in the processes involving the preparation of the solicitation document, advertisement, evaluation and the final selection of vendors to provide needed supplies and services.
- Assists user departments in the solicitation process; continually strives to increase understanding of the procurement functions and resolves all outstanding issues.
- Develops departmental goals to ensure effective and efficient operations in conjunction with the administrative superior; evaluates operational systems and departmental policies and procedures in light of such goals and makes revisions as necessary.
- Oversees subordinates to ensure that they adequately communicate acceptable and unacceptable performance to the vendors and take corrective action as necessary.
- Stays abreast of current issues; follows-up on the status of assigned projects as well as those of the buyers.
- Organizes and ensures that the agenda is followed during the pre-bid/submittal conferences; directs the opening and handling of the bids and ensures that all responses are appropriate.
- Reviews biweekly reports on the status of the contracts; conducts research on the contracts as needed.
||The School District of Philadelphia
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of full-time, paid, professional purchasing experience in a large, complex organization, which have involved Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, and the Requests for Qualification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- procurement practices, procedures and methods used in a large organization.
- various grades, qualities and varieties of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- commodity markets and price trends.
- the principles, practices and methods used in the analysis and design of integrated data processing systems.
Demonstrated ability to:
- analyze and resolve complex problems.
- make decisions in accordance with laws, policies and regulations governing the purchase and contracting of commodities and services.
- supervise a professional and paraprofessional staff.
- express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The School District of Philadelphia provides to all persons equal access to all categories of employment in this District, regardless of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin or handicap/disability, gender identity, or genetic information. Please refer to Board Policy 104 for further information regarding the District's commitment to Nondiscrimination in Employment Practices.
||This listing expires on: 11/11/2020