A vacancy exists for a Payroll Supervisor for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit in the Office of Business Services. The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership in and supervision of payroll operations to internal staff and external clients, including oversight of all activities necessary to process and generate a bi-weekly payroll; including but not limited to collection of input, analysis and preparation of input, data entry, balancing, and production of payroll reports.
- Provides leadership in providing payroll operations to internal staff and external clients, including oversight of all activities necessary to process and generate a bi-weekly payroll; including but not limited to collection of input, analysis and preparation of input, data entry, balancing, and production of payroll reports.
- Supervise assigned staff as assigned in our payroll services department, including the selection/hiring, transferring/promotions, and evaluations/disciplinary process based on MCIU policies and procedures, certification guidelines, state initiatives, and best practices.
- Develop the MCIU payroll services programs for our county school entities and/or other similar organizations that contain solutions that range from temporary support to full payroll outsourcing support.
- Provide training and support to school districts, non-public schools, IU personnel, and other clients relative to all payroll functions, including related state and federal regulations.
- Ensure all cyclical payroll functions completed for both external and internal clients:
- Ensure all activities are completed as necessary to process and generate a bi-weekly payroll for internal and external clients; including but not limited to collection of input, analysis and preparation of input, data entry, balancing, and production of payroll reports.
- Establish, implement, and account for all payroll deductions and maintain current deduction information, according to deduction documents and professional contracts for payroll services
- Perform all activities necessary to close out a calendar year and fiscal year, including but not limited to preparation of all applicable reports and generation of W-2s for internal and external clients.
- File and pay all taxes and returns, including but not limited to, local earned income taxes
- Serve as a resource to division directors, supervisors, and other administrators, as well as, local school districts, in analyzing payroll problems or questions.
- Review, analyze, and check payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
- Research and respond to employee and/or other governmental body (i.e. IRS) requests for historical payroll data.
- Complete PA New Hire Reporting requirements.
- Maintain relations with Interstate Tax Services for Unemployment Compensation claims.
- Maintain on-line Pension Administration system for all employees and analyze monthly billing reports.
- Assist with annual audit preparation, as well as, requests for State or Federal auditors.
- Assist employees with the proper usage and understanding of web-based employee access to payroll information.
- Oversee the implementation, initial set-up, and payroll support of external clients.
- Oversee the Montgomery County School District Payroll Job-Alike Group, including but not limited to, developing agenda topics, scheduling rooms, and general communication with IU and District representatives.
- Communicate and provide support to School District client representatives regarding fee based services.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative team.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 260-262 days/year
$84,012 - $98,838/annually (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$84,012 - $98,838
|Posting Start Date:
How to Apply:
- Minimum of MS Degree in appropriate field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, including 1-3 at a leadership level
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Oversight of staff
- Responsibility for budget of programs or initiatives
- Interfaces with Customers and Stakeholders
- Very Specialized skills in area of concentration proven by work experience, certificates, etc.
- Autonomous nature of work performed
- Ability to conceptualize how to organize tasks to meet deadlines and ability to prioritize tasks to meet organizational needs.
- Proficient ability to use/learn MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and other complex energy management and facilities related software.
- Ability to work as a member of a team; cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business correspondence/reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs.
||This listing expires on: 11/6/2020