HVAC/Plumber “AA” Mechanic
A vacancy exists for a HVAC/Plumber “AA” Mechanic within the Office of Business Services for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The HVAC/Plumbing “AA” Mechanic is responsible for maintaining all HVAC and plumbing equipment, sewer lines, and related systems in all MCIU buildings. The individual will also be expected to support other facilities/maintenance tasks and needs both at MCIU buildings and at District buildings (as needed).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Estimated Work Days and Hours:
- Knowledge and ability to trouble shoot and repair air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, ventilation fans, pumps, piping, sheet metals, duct work, associated with HVAC equipment.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot all equipment associated with plumbing to include, but not limited to: overhead and underground piping, bathroom fixtures and facilities, manual, electronic and automatic valves, copper, black, galvanized and plastic piping, drinking fountains, potable and heating water equipment, hot water heaters, ice machines, pumps, etc.
- Evaluate, produce specifications and parts list in order to complete assigned tasks and/or projects.
- Ability to calibrate, repair, replace, troubleshoot equipment associated with pneumatic controls for all HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for recovery of refrigeration as per the Universal Refrigerant recovery laws.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types of plumbing equipment as per assignment, work order system and/or preventative maintenance program.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types of HVAC equipment as per assignment, work order system and/or preventative maintenance program.
- Reviews blueprints and specifications for new projects and installation to ensure working relationship with current systems and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining all plumbing and HVAC equipment, tools, stock and storage areas in safe working conditions.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Office of Business Services Administrative team.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours per day, 260-262 days/year
$57,482 - $67,626/year (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs
HVAC/Plumber “AA” Mechanic
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$57,482 - $67,626
|Posting Start Date:
- High school diploma or equivalent necessary
- Minimum three years of experience in commercial HVAC and refrigeration trades
- Certification in Universal Refrigerant Recovery required
- Valid PA Driver’s license
- Demonstrated success with tracking and meeting performance outcomes.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment and to work effectively with people.
- Ability to problem solve and use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information.
- Ability to use computer technology efficiently – proficiency in using all MS Office products.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 11/5/2020