Assistant Business Administrator
Effective October 2020 a vacancy exist for an Assistant Business Administrator located at the Norristown Area School District. The Assistant Business Administrator is to assist the Chief Financial Officer in a variety of tasks, which will permit the District to function according to School Board policies; State and Federal regulations; as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of business practice. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
** To be considered, please apply directly to our website
- 3-5 years of Accounting/Finance experience in public education required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance required
- Experience including general ledger accounting, payroll processing, financial reporting, budgeting purchasing and fixed asset control
- Extensive exposure to report requirements of local, state, federal agencies
- Strong organizational skills and strategic planning skills, pro-social collaboration, communication and planning skills, and technology skills.
- Ability to be flexible, self-directed, and motivated.
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with staff and students.
- Ability to do job responsibilities with minimal supervision and ability to schedule time to meet deadlines.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
Assistant Business Administrator
||Norristown Area school District
|Posting Start Date:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of District payroll, including quarterly and annual reporting compliance
- Daily management of various District Funds, including the Student Activities, Trust, Scholarship and Capital Projects Funds
- Supervises payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable personnel/functions
- Serves as liaison between the district and all outside audits
- Responsible for management of calendar year-end and fiscal year-end financial processing
- Prepares monthly reports for School Board
- Responsible for completion of various financial reports, including, but not limited to: PDE Annual Financial Report, PDE General Fund Budget, PDE SSR Social Security Reimbursement
- Reconciles all District cash accounts on a monthly basis
- Monitors cash flow and prepares projections as needed
- Prepares both revenue and expense projections as needed
- Analyzes budget requests for all buildings and departments
- Monitors all building requisitions to determine validity of information, particularly budget codes
- Assists with Medical Access program management
- Prepares necessary general ledger reconciliations and journal entries for all assets, liabilities and revenues at fiscal year-end in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
- Assists with District purchasing program; bidding, cooperative purchasing, etc.
- Analyzes equipment leases and reports new leases to both the Board and to auditors
- Manages district fixed asset monitoring and reporting
- Assists in contract negotiation process by preparing salary and benefit projections as needed
- Active member of District Facilities-Finance Committee
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer on special projects as needed
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
||This listing expires on: 10/30/2020