Business Administrator/Board Secretary
The School District of Springfield Township, located in Montgomery County, PA serves approximately 2500 students in 4 schools. The district currently operates with a $62 million budget for the 2020-2021 school year. The Business Administrator/Board Secretary would be accountable for planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating all business, facility, food service and transportation functions in order to ensure fiscal responsibility and integrity. This position is responsible for the oversight of the following departments: transportation, facilities/safety, food service and business. This position would act as the Board Secretary to the School District of Springfield Township School Board of Directors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field required. Master's degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful experience as a public school business administrator or assistant business administrator preferred.
- Experience and a strong knowledge of fund accounting, budget preparation, forecasting, financial planning, auditing, purchasing, facilities, maintenance, transportation, payroll, insurance, investments, tax collection and related school business operations.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and payroll software systems. Experience with PowerSchool eFinance and Cognos software preferred.
- Experience in supervising and evaluating staff.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet challenging deadlines, problem solve and make independent judgements.
- Strong teamwork, analytical and supervisor skills are required.
Terms of employment:
Full-time position to be determined in accordance with the terms and conditions of a personal contract. Position to begin January 5, 2020.
If you are an external candidate and you offered a position with the School District of Springfield Township, please be advised that the following information will be required before you are able to begin working:
State Police Clearance (Act 34)
Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
FBI Fingerprints (Act 114)
School Health Record - includes physical & tb test from within a year
Act 24 (PDE Form 6004) - Arrest/Conviction Report
PA Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release- A separate form must be completed for:
1. Current employer; and
2. All former employers that were school entities; and
3. All former employers where you were in a position that involved direct contact with children.