A vacancy exists for a Payroll Coordinator position in the Office of Business Services with the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing all payroll checks and related reports for MCIU and clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Internal Payroll Support
- Perform all activities necessary to process and generate a bi-weekly payroll; including but not limited to collection of input, analysis and preparation of input, data entry, balancing, and production of payroll reports.
- Establish, implement, and account for all payroll deductions and maintain current deduction information, according to deduction documents and professional contracts. Prepare reports and remittance for payroll deductions, including, but not limited to, bonds, liens, union dues, and United Way.
- Perform all activities necessary to closeout a calendar year and fiscal year, including but not limited to preparation of all applicable reports and generation of W-2s.
- File and pay all taxes and returns, including but not limited to, local earned income taxes, 941 Social Security and Federal Withholding, PA State Income Tax, Unemployment Tax, EMS Tax, Retirement Distribution, etc.
- Serve as a resource to division directors, supervisors, and other administrators, as well as, local school districts, in analyzing payroll problems or questions.
- Review, analyze, and check payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
- Research and respond to employee and/or other governmental body (i.e. IRS) requests for historical payroll data.
- Complete PA New Hire Reporting requirements.
- Maintain relations with Interstate Tax Services for Unemployment Compensation claims.
- Maintain on-line Pension Administration system for all employees and analyze monthly billing reports.
- Assist with annual audit preparation, as well as, requests for State or Federal auditors.
- Assist employees with the proper usage and understanding of the web-based Employee Access Center.
- Train a co-worker as backup for all payroll operations.
External Payroll Support
- Support meetings for the Montgomery County School District Payroll Job-Alike Group, including but not limited to, obtaining agenda topics, scheduling rooms, and general communication with IU and District representatives.
- Communicate and provide support to School District client representatives regarding fee based services.
- Perform all payroll support operations for ExplorationsPHP, Inc.
- Make recommendations and provides information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative team.
Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm, 260-262 days
$57,482 - $67,626/year (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.mciu.org/jobs
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$57,482 - $67,626/year
|Posting Start Date:
How to Apply:
- Minimum of BS Degree in appropriate field (BS degree requirement may be waived with significant experience in specialized area of position)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, leadership experience strongly preferred
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Responsibility for budget of programs or initiatives
- Interfaces frequently with Customers and Stakeholders
- Very Specialized skills in area of concentration proven by work experience, certificates, etc.
- Autonomous nature of work performed
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business correspondence/reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
Apply online at https://www.mciu.org/jobs.
||This listing expires on: 11/2/2020