QUALIFICATIONS: To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skills, and/or ability necessary.
1. Minimum of (5) years experience as controller and/or equivalent experience with business and administrative functions preferred.
- Bachelor degree in business management, accounting, finance or a related field required
- Auditing and financial analysis experience
2. Knowledge of governmental accounting, payroll processing, PA school law, purchasing and accounts payable processes, risk-management programs, cash flow management, investment policies and procedures, and auditing procedures.
3. Written and oral communication skills required for frequent presentations, etc.
4. Proficient in complex accounting systems and possess strong understanding of the use and potential of technology in the area of financial management.
5. Candidate must adhere to all local, state, federal, and school code requirements for employment.
6. Must successfully complete and maintain compliance with all federal and state background and criminal record check requirements.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY BY VISITING www.upperdarbysd.org. Services>Human Resources>Employment Opportunities
The Upper Darby School District does not discriminate in its education program, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, ancestry, union membership, or any other legally protected category. Announcement of this policy is in accordance with state law, including the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, and with federal law, including Title VI of the Civil Right Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.