Director of Operations and Facilities
Summary: This position directs the Operations and Administrative Services. This position oversees the physical facilities and grounds within the School District.
- Provide administrative direction and supervision to all CASD maintenance and custodial personnel.
- Assist in recruitment, employment, assignment, transfer, promotion, demotion or dismissal of all Operations personnel (CASD and any third-party companies providing services to the District.)
- Develop policies and/or procedures to ensure a preventative maintenance program is developed and adhered to so buildings, grounds and equipment meet safety specifications and function at a satisfactory level in order to responsibly manage the Operations budget.
- Work directly with the CASD Superintendent and School Board Directors in the formulation of policies related to buildings and grounds
- Explore revenue generating possibilities with community partners to assist with budgetary necessities
- Manage and supervise capital projects; inspect work performed by outside contractors and verify items that the terms of all contracts have been fulfilled before authorizing final payment.
- Maintenance, repair and operational needs with the board, administration and the community; establishing, maintaining and budget forecasting for the department as well as many other duties as described in the attached job description.
- Assist building administrators with the evaluations of all maintenance and custodial employees throughout the CASD
- Stays informed of the latest trends and products for the operation, maintenance and repair of facilities.
- Assists other personnel and performs other duties as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Inspects school buildings, grounds, and installations regularly for the purpose of maintaining high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security.
- Communicates and responds to school principals, District staff, and external stakeholders on school facility issues (real or perceived) for the purpose of correcting and/or making repairs as appropriate. Resolves complaints, responds to requests for information and provides assistance.
- Effectively manages the resources for which he/she is responsible including personnel, finances, facilities, programs and time.
- Coordinates the scheduling of required yearly inspections and maintains inspection records to maintain compliance with state and local guidelines.
- Communicates regularly with the leadership of any third-party companies hired by the CASD for regular maintenance, custodial and grounds services.
- Ensure that all applicable public school code requirements are followed.
- To effectively and efficiently direct, organize and manage all CASD physical facilities and grounds.
- To effectively and efficiently supervise and direct all CASD maintenance and custodial personnel in addition to any third-party companies providing maintenance and/or custodial services
- To support all levels of administrators in the CASD with building and/or district-wide maintenance and custodial needs
- To serve as a district liaison between the CASD and the community in order to establish educational opportunities and explore advertising and revenue generating possibilities and partnerships that may benefit the students and staff of the CASD community.
- To work with the Business Administrator in developing a budget for current and long-term operations
Director of Operations and Facilities
||Coatesville Area School District
||$60,000 - $95,000
|Posting Start Date:
Required Education: Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum of ten years supervisory/administrative/leadership experience in public or educational institution, five of which must have included budgetary facilities planning and responsibilities.
- Familiar with applicable public school code requirement as it pertains to facilities, including the quoting and bid process
- Demonstrated leadership and/or administrative mentorship abilities
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Prior experience at the central office level
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with school board members, administrators, teachers, parents, community members and outside professional contacts
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, work under time constraints and to be flexible in an environment of multiples tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, manufacturer’s specifications and summarize information to reports and/or presentations.
- Must work well under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and community.
- Must be a self-starter.
External Candidates will be required to provide mandatory clearances. This includes the Act 34 (State Criminal Clearance), Act 151 (Child Abuse) and Act 114 (FBI Clearance). All Clearances must be within 1 year.
Only applications submitted through this link will be considered.
||This listing expires on: 8/10/2020