Oversees and participates in the review and preparation of complex fiscal transactions and financial reports or grants fiscal transactions and grants financial reports or accounts receivable fiscal transactions and financial reports. Directs the work activities of professional and paraprofessional accounting staff or grants professional and paraprofessional accounting staff responsible for preparing a variety of accounting entries and financial reports and conducting financial analyses for the assigned area. Coordinates and prepares subsidiary and general ledger information and journal vouchers with business users as well as consolidated reporting as part of the annual reporting process. For accounts receivable, coordinates and prepares subsidiary and general ledger information and journal vouchers with business users as well as consolidated reporting as part of the daily and annual reporting process. Coordinates accounts receivable audit requests. Coordinates financial reporting with the District’s Auditors as it relates to accounting and reporting requirements or grants accounting and reporting requirements. Serves as an expert on accounting matters or grants accounting matters or accounts receivable matters related to the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or sub-ledger system for accounts receivable.
- Manages key components and performs advanced work related to accounting and financial reporting functions or grants accounting and financial reporting functions or accounts receivable financial reporting functions; participates in the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures; leads and implements key accounting projects or key accounting projects related to accounts receivable and billing functions.
- Assigns and reviews the work of senior accountants and/or accountants and/or paraprofessionals engaged in financial recording, analysis and reporting for accounting or grants accounting or accounts receivable.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation of key financial data and accounting information essential to the District’s financial stability and controls or accounts receivable accounting information; conducts financial analyses to evaluate financial results or evaluate the collectability of accounts receivable.
- Reviews the propriety of accounting entries or accounts receivable related entries; ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and government accounting standards including fund and grant accounting.
- Serves as a technical expert as it relates to the accounting or grants accounting side or accounts receivable sub-ledger accounting side of the ERP Finance system; validates information which is input into it and provides team leadership.
- Develops and establishes daily and/or monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes for financial reporting and accounting or for grants financial reporting and accounting or for accounts receivable financial reporting and accounting.
- Develops performance measurements and management reports; develops and leads process improvement projects for the assigned area.
- Works with systems staff to ensure accounting needs are met; works with internal and external auditors and outside vendors or internal and external customers on complex accounting or accounts receivable matters; provides assistance and direction to business operations on their accounting entries, data maintenance and accounting requirements.
- Uses financial spreadsheet programs (Excel and Access) to perform financial analyses and to prepare a variety of accounting reports and financial information as needed.
- Uses the District’s Finance Enterprise System and financial spreadsheet programs (Oracle ERP Accounts Receivable Module, Excel, and Access) to perform financial analyses and to prepare a variety of accounting reports and financial information as needed.