Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the and directly assists the Superintendent of Schools on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Oversee the implementation and collection of all authorized tax levies in an efficient manner.
- Work with the Superintendent of Schools on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on local and state levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new programs, specifically: assist the Superintendent of Schools in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the School District with an operating budget. Work with the Superintendent of Schools to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Finance and Facilities Committee meetings; including being the liaison on the Finance and Facilities Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements for use by Executive management, as well as the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance and operations of District Facilities and maintain the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Oversee the operations of the Food Service Department.
- Oversee the operations of the Transportation Department.
Any other responsibilities which are consistent with the position as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Supervises: Director of Business Services, Director of Facilities and Operations, Supervisor of Food Services, Transportation Supervisor, and Secretary to the Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Terms of Employment: Position is a 12-month, 260 day per year position and subject to District Policy regarding Central Administration Personnel salary and benefits.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply on www.PAREAP.net or contact Mia Kim via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Financial Officer
||Boyertown Area School District
||Competitive with excellent fringe benefits
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, business management, education, accounting or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a business manager and/or equivalent experience with business and administrative functions, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Evidence of school and/or business leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated insight, intelligence and problem-solving ability.
||This listing expires on: 5/29/2020