The Budget Analyst
will be responsible for the planning, creating, ongoing monitoring, and reporting of budget processes within a school district setting.
The Budget Analyst
shall directly report to the Business Administrator (Operational Services).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ budgeting experience, preferred.
- Experience with accounting software, preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of budgeting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fund accounting.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel spreadsheet expertise.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and time management skills, providing for productivity, accuracy, and attention to detail in the carrying out of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask within deadlines.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Possesses the ability to make professional decisions.
- Attends work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of fiscal operations, cost analysis, and budgets.
- Knowledge of documentation procedures and acceptable documentation practices.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work areas.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel on and/or drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
The Budget Analyst
will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Coordinates the budget development timeline and process.
- Proposes and makes enhancements to the budget model.
- Works with principals and department directors to develop department-level budgets.
- Reviews budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Combines all budgets into the consolidated school district budget.
- Assists with preparing budget presentations for the Board of School Directors.
- Prepares data for the PDE-2028 General Fund Budget upload/entry.
- Prepares and monitors monthly and annual budget analysis for department-level and organization-wide reviews.
- Monitors changes to the PDE-approved Chart of Accounts to ensure compliance with state-mandated budget codes for budget and reporting purposes.
- Answers budget questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Creates ad hoc budget reports for department directors.
- Completes budget revisions and prepares budget transfers as needed.
- Monitors grant agreements, budgets, and expenditures to assure alignment with grant guidelines.
- Assists in reporting for state and federal grants.
- Provides the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of Business Office services.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit https://www.applitrack.com/cliu/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=PROFESSIONAL+12+MONTH
||Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 6/7/2020