Start Date: 5/6/2020 12:00 PM EDT
End Date: 6/12/2020 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: PASBO Location:
2608 Market Place
Harrisburg, PA United States 17110
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO AN ONLINE COURSE
There will be a kick-off call at 12:00 Noon on the first day of the course (May 6th). See www.pasbo.org/workshops for information on online courses.
Course runs 6 weeks: May 6th - June 12th
Properly anticipating and understanding revenue sources for your school is one important part of the equation in keeping the budget balanced. This comprehensive workshop will take an overall look at local, state and federal sources, including subsidies, grants, taxation and newer revenue streams. Learn about the tax collection process with a focus on taxes applicable to school districts and strategies for increasing tax flow and billing. Also explore the basic instructional and operating subsidies, as well as subsidies for specific education programs, non-education programs and other important subsidy and grant programs with the application through payment and accounting requirements.
- Chris Berdnik, PCSBA, Chief Financial Officer, Pennsbury SD
- Prior to April 15: PASBO Member $125/Non-member $185
- After April 15: PASBO Member $130/Non-member $190
- $35 Walk-in Fee day of workshop
- PASBO Professional Certification = 4 CEUs
- CPE Credit = 6 in Specialized Knowledge