A key factor in having custodial work done properly, efficiently and safely is providing adequate training. Through a partnership with Hillyard, Inc, PASBO offers a training program to assist Custodial Supervisors with preparing custodial staff to perform daily maintenance tasks and summer restorative procedures. Workshop participants will gain skills for successfully delivering a custodial training program, take home tips for effective cleaning techniques, and receive the two volumes of the training program. Learn about:
- The Criticality of Custodial Operations in the School Environment
- The Importance of Standardization and Having a Training Program
- Tips/Guidelines for Effective Training
- Overview of Daily Maintenance
- Overview of Restorative Maintenance
- Working Smarter
8:30 AM Registration
9:00 AM How important are you? The Criticality of Custodial Operations (AW)
9:45 AM Cleaning Formula; Routine vs. Restorative Cleaning (AW)
10:30 AM Break
11:00 AM Overview of training manual – small group review and exercise (SC/RW)
12:00 PM Lunch
12:45 PM Training the Trainer - Tips/guidelines for effective training (SC)
1:30 PM Staying current with cleaning techniques/products, the need to change (RW)
2:00 PM Enhanced Hygiene, High Touch Cleaning and Proper Surface Disinfection (AW)
3:00 PM Evaluations and adjourn
Sal Colombo, Pennsylvania Business Development Manager, Hillyard, Inc.
Ron Wagner, Business Development Manager, Hillyard, Inc.
Andy Wickersham, Business Development Manager, Hillyard, Inc.
- Register by June 27: PASBO Member $125/Non-member $185
- After June 27: PASBO Member $130/Non-member $190
4CEUs – PA Certified School Facilities Professional (PCSFP)
CPE Credit = Not Eligible