Start Date: 3/16/2021 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 3/16/2021 11:30 AM EDT
Venue Name: Web Event
Registration is for the full series!
One registration bundle per person. See below for a discount for additional staff for LEAs.
The current schedule is planned for virtual presentations.
- Session 1: Tuesday, March 16 @ 9-11:30 am
- Session 2: Friday, April 30, 9-11:30 am
- Session 3: Friday, August 6, 9-11:30 am
- Session 4: Friday, October 22, 9-11:30 am
- Session 5: Friday, December 10, 9-11:30 am
In keeping with our mission to develop and support leaders in school business operations, PASBO is excited to offer the Leadership Academy. The academy, which consist of multiple sessions held throughout the year, will increase your leadership skills and empower you to move your school in a positive direction. The academy is for everyone working in school business operations and will provide individualized leadership tools to better help you meet challenges you may face.
The first session on March 16 begins with a conversation about our personal and professional communication. The “Words Matter” presentation is based on the book by Stan Wisler, PCSBA, PASBO Past President, and co-presenter Bob Saul, PCSBA, SFO and current PASBO Immediate Past President. You will take away suggestions on how to be more thoughtful and careful in your communications.
The first session then continues with a panel discussion on why advocacy is a necessary competency for leaders. Our panel will be leaders of statewide education organizations: Jim Vaughan, PSEA executive director, Jim Buckheit, former executive director of the PA Association of School Administrators (PASA), and Donna Cooper, executive director of Public Citizens for Children and Youth. They will talk about their role in leading advocacy in their organizations and why it is important for education leaders to engage in advocacy efforts.
The 2021 Leadership Academy will cover the following leadership topics:
- Types of leadership and the qualities of good leaders
- How to identify a leadership style
- Understanding the differences between leadership and management
- Understanding and defining the concept of school culture leading
- How to work with and communicate effectively with a superintendent and a school board
- The importance of advocacy as a leadership competency for school business officials
- How to navigate successful change management
- How to run effective meetings
- The role of the business official as an educational leader
- How to motivate staff, evaluate employees, build professional development plans and engage in employee goal setting
PASBO Member = $310 for full series registration
Non-member = $555 for full series registrationRegistration for this event is per person, and includes all sessions.
CEU = 2 CEUs per session
CPE = 2 CPE credits per session
ADDITIONAL STAFF DISCOUNT
Buy One, Get Additional Staff from Your LEA at 25% off
Register one person for the Leadership Academy series and additional staff from your LEA can register for the same day at 25% off. When you register, you will receive a discount code in your confirmation that must be entered to get the discount for additional staff. The member status of the individual will determine if the member or non-member price applies and the 25% discount will be applied to applicable fee.