Welcome to the 2019-20 legislative session and PASBO's Daily Data series.
What is Daily Data?
We are delivering bite-sized data on K-12 public education school fiance with new topics and aspects of a topic every day. Our archive here on our website will serve as a reference cetner for our detailed information, data and statistics to help anyone understand the mechanics, dynamics, challenges and needs of K-12 public education in Pennsylvania and in individual school districts.
PASBO Daily Data will highlight a wide range of topics in school finance and school business operations. We started off basic and are working through a new aspect of a topic each day, such as special education, pupil transportation, state funding, property tax and so much more!
Week 1: Basics of School Finance
Week 2: Basic Education Funding
Week 3: Basic Education Funding (Poverty Weights)
Week 4: Basic Education Funding (Student Weights)
- January 28 - What is the English language learner component?
- January 29 - What is the charter school component?
- January 30 - What is the sparsity size adjustment?
- January 31 - What is Weighted Student Count?
- February 1 - What are some highlights from the 2019 PASBO/PASA School District Budget Report?
Week 5: Basic Education Funding (District Factors)
- February 4 - What is the fiscal forecast for Pennsylvania's 500 School Districts?
- February 5 - What are the formula "multipliers" in the BEF formula?
- Special Edition - What is the BEF formula dollar increase in the Governor's proposed budget for 2019-20?
- February 6 - What is median household income?
- February 7 - What is local effort capacity index?
- February 8 - What is adjusted weighted student count and the "share" concept?