The Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials has developed this voluntary program of professional registration and continuing education in order to provide a recognized standard of competence for school business administrators, officials and specialists eligible for PASBO active and life memberships.
The objectives of this program are:
- to raise the professional standards of those school administrators who have responsibilities for system-wide non-instructional services and programs;
- to improve school business management practices by encouraging school business officials to develop and implement a continuing program of personal professional development;
- to identify those persons with system-wide administrative and supervisory responsibilities in school business functions who have demonstrated competence and have fulfilled prescribed standards of performance and conduct; and
- to award special recognition to school business officials who meet the initial and renewal criteria for professional registration.
For the convenience of our members, we are pleased to make available the forms needed for initial and renewal registrations. The forms needed for registration are:
Online Application Form – This five page document provides all sections required for initial or renewal registration including Letter of Transmittal, Application and Schedule for Reporting Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Sample Press Release – Use this sample news release to announce your certification. As a word document you may update this accordingly and send to your local newspapers.
CEU Calculation Quick Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find my CEU History?
PASBO made the move to a new association management software in late November 2013. The detailed online CEU History is not a feature supported by the new system.
You will need to track all your CEU activities including PASBO workshops, conferences, committees and PASBO Report articles – as well as other activities outside of PASBO. You can list these on the “Schedule for Reporting CEUs” page of the application. Many members create a spreadsheet with Type, Date, Sponsor, Title, Location, Length and CEU Value, then submit the spreadsheet with the application. For help in calculating CEU value, see the CEU Quick Guide link above.
Here are a few tips that may help if you need to gather your CEU history:
- On request, we can provide a link that will take you to your past CEU History which should be current through the changeover in mid-November 2013. Send your request to Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find your recent CEU History you will need to login to your PASBO account and go to the “My Profile Page”. Then select “My Transactions” on the left. Click on the $ amount and the confirmation receipt will appear. If it does not, that can mean an invoice was generated and you can find those in the “My Invoices” section under “View Invoice”.
- If a workshop is not showing in these records, you can still submit for CEU by including it on your CEU Schedule. If you need assistance tracking down missing PASBO workshops, you can contact Stephanie at email@example.com.
- Remember there are many ways to earn CEUs beyond PASBO workshops and conferences. For a list of all activities that qualify for CEUs, see the Professional Registration Guide link above.